Mailbox audit logs are crucial for ensuring compliance and IT security, which is why it's essential for you to store these logs for a long time. However, in the native Microsoft 365 tool, you can only store these audit logs for 180 or 365 days based on the license purchased. Also, to analyze the stored logs, you'll have to rely on complex PowerShell codes. Doing this on a daily basis is monotonous and time-consuming. M365 Manager Plus helps you overcome these drawbacks.
M365 Manager Plus, an intuitive Microsoft 365 reporting, management, auditing, alerting, and monitoring tool, audits all important Exchange activities in your organization. With this tool, you can generate reports instantly, get graphical analysis of the data in the dashboard, and store audit logs for an indefinite period. You can also create custom audit profiles using which you can track all mailbox activities.
Steps to enable and check mailbox audit logs using M365 Manager Plus
- Go to Audit under Auditing & Monitoring.
- Navigate to Exchange Online, and choose a suitable report from the list.
- Make sure you click Enable now the first time you generate an audit report.
- Enter the required inputs for report generation, such as Domains, Business Hours, and Period.
Exchange Online audit categories in M365 Manager Plus
- Exchange Activity
- Management Roles
- Mailbox Move
- Malware Detection
- DLP Policy Matches
- Mail Contact
- Mail flow
- Public Folder
- Mail Trace
- Spam Detection
- Transport Rule Matches
- Mailbox Permission
You can schedule the generation of reports under these audit profiles to get updates via email at scheduled intervals. You can also customize and filter the reports based on the criteria you prefer, and export them as PDF, CSV, HTML, or XLSX.
Highlights of M365 Manager Plus
- Over 700 intuitive geolocation-enabled reports.
- Scheduled reports and alert profiles for real-time updates.
- Virtual tenant support for simple and granular delegation of Microsoft 365 administration.
- Customizable templates to manage bulk users, groups, and contacts.
- Keyword and pattern-based mailbox content search.
- 24x7 monitoring of all Microsoft 365 services and endpoints.
- Custom help desk roles to delegate rights and permissions to technicians.
If you're a Microsoft 365 admin tired of performing monotonous management tasks and typing out long PowerShell codes, find a simpler solution.