Windows Server Monitoring
With Windows servers becoming an integral part of most networks, several business critical functions depend on their up-time perpetually. A hit on their availability and performance could adversely impair these functions and in-turn impact revenue drastically.
Owing to these circumstances, it is highly imperative to prevent their downtime by proactively gauging their performance and monitoring Windows Server for availability incessantly with effective Windows server monitoring tool. This is precisely where a network management solution that offers server uptime monitoring, and Windows Server Performance Monitoring tools could come in handy.
Depending on your needs, you should choose a tool that has the ability to monitor Windows servers of 'n' numbers, across remote locations. Moreover, to perform Microsoft Server Monitoring, the Windows Server Monitoring Software must support all software versions of the Windows server such as Windows NT, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, etc. One such powerful Windows server monitoring software is the OpManager.
ManageEngine OpManager's Microsoft server monitoring tools utilize the WMI protocol to monitor your Windows servers and provide in-depth visibility over critical server metrics. This ensures greater control in your Windows server environment.
Listed below are the versions of Windows servers supported by OpManager:
Windows Server versions
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
With the Windows server monitoring feature in OpManager, you can monitor a mixed bag of metrics pertaining to various aspects of a server.
OpManager's Microsoft server Monitoring software can monitor these key server parameters:
- Windows server performance monitoring: Monitor windows server performance to proactively address potential issues by tracking key performance metrics and assigning complimentary monitors, such as memory, CPU, and disk utilization monitors.
- Windows services monitoring: Windows service monitoring has become vital. Using OpManager's Windows server monitoring, you can continuously monitor the applications running on your server in the background, and with pinpoint accuracy.
- URL monitoring: Monitor URLs and particular text on a page to help determine whether your website is dormant or functional. OpManager's Windows Server Monitor supports HTTP/HTTPS and NTLM authenticated sites.
- Event log monitoring: Analyze your event logs to diagnose application and system failure, as well as combat internal threats.
- File/folder monitoring: Monitor your server's files and folders (both remote and local), analyze disk utilization, and look out for any unusual trends.
- Process monitoring: Track all the processes running on your servers, and utilize Process Templates to discover, control, and configure thresholds for Windows process monitors across multiple servers from a single window.
- Exchange server monitoring: Monitor your Exchange servers to prevent any delay in the transmission of messages, malfunction of email servers, and loss of data.
- Active Directory monitoring: Monitor Active Directory services, processes, domain controller roles, and performance, tracking all key metrics in one place through OpManager's customizable Active Directory monitoring dashboard.
- MS SQL monitoring: Monitor your MS SQL database server's performance and availability, including crucial metrics such as file size and the percentage of storage space taken up by log files, and view all active transactions.
All-encompassing dashboards for Windows server monitoring software
OpManager's Microsoft Server Monitor offers comprehensive dashboards that can be customized according to your needs. This enables you to view all business-critical metrics in one place and perform Windows Server Monitoring at ease.
Leverage workflows to automate redundant tasks
OpManager's workflows help automate mundane tasks, and the workflow builder's intuitive interface enables you to simplify tasks with simple drag-and-drop actions. This also helps eliminate human error.
FAQs on Windows Server Monitor
What is a Windows server monitor?
What are the challenges encountered when devoid of Windows server monitoring software?
Why Windows server monitor is used?
How to monitor Windows server performance?
How does Windows server monitoring work?