Last updated on: May 22, 2023
- What is help desk software?
- What are the types of help desk software?
- What are the differences between a help desk and a service desk?
- What are the features of help desk software? (Free checklist attached)
- What are the benefits of help desk ticketing software?
- Why is a help desk important for your business?
- How does help desk software work in different industries? (Workflow attached)
- How do you choose help desk software that works for you?
- How do you measure help desk metrics and KPIs?
- What are some best practices to improve your help desk performance?
- What are the benefits of automating routing help desk activities?
- Why do organizations need an integrated help desk software?
- What are the key challenges IT help desks teams are likely to face?
- What's the future of help desk support?
Top 10 incident management KPIs
Average resolution time
The average time taken to resolve an incident.
Average initial response time
The average time taken to respond to each incident.
SLA compliance rate
The percentage of incidents resolved within an SLA.
First call resolution rate
Percentage of incidents resolved in the first call.
Number of repeat incidents
The number of identical incidents logged within a specific time frame.
The percentage of resolved incidents that were reopened.
The number of incidents that are pending in the queue without a resolution.
Percentage of major incidents
The number of major incidents compared to the total number of incidents.
Cost per ticket
The average expense pertaining to each ticket.
End user satisfaction rates
The number of end users or customers who were satisfied with the IT services delivered to them.
Quickly assess your IT incident management practices with our toolkit
- A self-scoring assessment to gauge your core incident management practices, from incident identification to closure
- A checklist to review your team's readiness to tackle major incidents for the hybrid work environment
- A cheat-sheet to help overcome the common incident management challenges faced in the hybrid work model