The password policy settings allow you to specify the rules that should be followed for random generation of passwords (during user account creation or password reset).
Steps to create password policy:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Navigate to Configuration → Management Settings → Naming Formats in the left pane.
- In the Password Length section specify the minimum and maximum length for the passwords.
- In the Password Rules section, specify the number of special characters and numerals the password should have, characters to be excluded, and whether the password should be case sensitive or not.
- Click on More Options to specify whether the password should begin with an alphabet, and to allow the use of dictionary words.
- After configuring, click on Save.