In Microsoft 365 admin center, you have various mail protection reports that help you monitor the malware, spam and mail flow rules. These reports provide data only for the past 180 days and it is difficult to fetch older data. M365 Manager Plus offers reports that can provide data older than 180 days along with advanced filter options that simplify your task.
About M365 Manager Plus’ mail protection reports
M365 Manager Plus is an intuitive Microsoft 365 reporting, management, monitoring, auditing, and alerting tool. This tool helps you to closely observe and monitor each activity in your Microsoft 365 organization using which you can be prepared and protect your organization from all kinds of malicious attacks.It offers a set of comprehensive mail protection reports as listed below:
- Top Spam Recipients.
- Top Malware Recipients.
- Spam Detections.
- Malware Detections.
- Spam Traffic Summary.
- DLP Policy Matches.
- Transport Rule Matches.
Steps to generate mail protection reports
- Click on the Reports tab.
- Navigate to Exchange Online > Mail Traffic Reports > Mailbox Traffic Reports category.
- Choose a suitable report.
- Select the Microsoft 365 Tenant.
- Filter the report domain-wise or group-wise if you wish to.
- Enter the Business Hours and Period for report generation.
- Click on Generate Now.
Highlights of M365 Manager Plus
- Reports with advanced features: Offers 700+ pre-configured reports with attribute and condition-based filters to get comprehensive information on your Microsoft 365 organization. The reports are also geolocation-enabled.
- Historical data and storage: Generates reports with data older than 180 days. In native tool you can only retrieve data that are less than 180 days old. Also, the audit logs can also be stored for an indefinite period in M365 Manager Plus.
- Customizable dashboard: Offers graphical and customizable dashboards to help you get a quick peek at the mail traffic summary, top email senders and receivers, client device usage, and more. These dashboards can also be embedded in any of your webpages to enable constant monitoring.
- Report scheduler: Reports can be scheduled to be generated and emailed to the stakeholders at regular intervals. This reduces the arduous job of manual report generation.
- Report exporting: Reports can be exported to PDF, XLSX, HTML, or CSV formats and saved in the local computer for future reference.
To learn more about other such simple Microsoft 365 hacks that make your life easy, click here.