With M365 Manager Plus, you can keep an eye on every event happening in Microsoft 365 to ensure security and compliance. When compared to the native auditing features in Microsoft 365, M365 Manager Plus has some distinct advantages.
Advantages of M365 Manager Plus over native Microsoft 365:
- Long-term historical data: In native Microsoft 365, there are limits to how long you can retrieve historical data based on the data being audited. M365 Manager Plus stores audit data indefinitely to maintain complete records.
- Real-time auditing: Instead of gathering the associated data for audit reports each time, M365 Manager Plus keeps audit reports updated in real time.
- Profile-based auditing: Instead of having to peruse the entire list of audit reports to find the right one (as is required in Microsoft 365), M365 Manager Plus lets you create your own profiles so you can view only those audit details you need to see.
- Group-based auditing: While auditing Azure Active Directory, M365 Manager Plus lets you generate reports for user activities based on group membership. Native Microsoft 365 is not able to audit based on group membership.
- Advanced filtering: In native Microsoft 365, you can only filter logs based on certain attribute values. With M365 Manager Plus, filter your logs based on any attribute and perform multi-valued searches as needed.
- Custom views: While Microsoft 365 doesn't support custom views, with M365 Manager Plus you can create your own custom views to see filtered data, summarized data or summarized data that is filtered. [Learn more]
- Business hours auditing: Microsoft 365 doesn't support restricted time frame auditing, but M365 Manager Plus lets you retrieve audit details based on business hours or a specific period of time.
- Export data: In native Microsoft 365, you can only export data to CSV. But in M365 Manager Plus, you can export audit data to PDF, XLS, HTML, or CSV.
To know more about Microsoft 365 auditing features of M365 Manager Plus, click here.