You can restrict access to your OneDrive content based on network location with just a few simple steps. All you need to do is just specify the range of IP addresses you trust and you're all set to go!
Note: Ensure your own organization's range of IP addresses is included in the list so you don't lock yourself out.
Although, this can be done in the OneDrive admin center, it is recommended that you do it in the SharePoint admin center where you can also control access from unmanaged devices.
- Sign in to the SharePoint admin center as a global or SharePoint admin and navigate to the Access control page.
- Select Network location, and turn on Allow access only from specific IP address ranges.
- Enter IP addresses and IP address ranges separated by commas.
M365 Manager Plus provides detailed audit and alert reports on user and admin activities. Apart from basic details like what action was performed, when and who performed it, these reports also give you the geographical location (country) from where an action was performed based on the IP address of the devices. For example, admins can ascertain the location from where users login to their Microsoft 365 account, change their passwords and more.
How M365 Manager Plus can help protect files in OneDrive for Business:
M365 Manager Plus is an extensive Microsoft 365 tool used for reporting, managing, monitoring, auditing, and creating alerts for critical activities. With this solution, Microsoft 365 admins can get valuable insights into OneDrive consumption, audit file/folder activities and perform several other administrative tasks which in turn, would aid efficient management. Here's all you can do with M365 Manager Plus:
- Create custom alerts for admin/user activities and receive real-time email alerts with meticulous details on the action that triggered the alert.
- Get insightful reports on OneDrive activities such as files accessed, file modifications, uploads, downloads, sharing activities, user activities and many more.
- Track file and folder activities in OneDrive for Business, in real time. You can also create your own auditing profile to scrutinize specific operations.
- Monitor the health status (current status of the service and details about service disruptions and outages) and performance of OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.
So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and download the trial version here.