Microsoft 365 admin center gives you reports on the Active users using various services across your organization. You need to have a global admin, global reader or a reports reader credential to view this information. Navigate to Reports > Usage > Microsoft 365 > Active users page to view the list of active users. M365 Manager Plus provides the same information in a more insightful and orderly fashion using various pre-defined reports.
Why M365 Manager Plus?
M365 Manager Plus is an intuitive Microsoft 365 reporting, managing, monitoring, auditing, and alerting tool. Its comprehensive and easy-to-generate reports give updates related to almost every Microsoft 365 object and services including OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, Yammer and Microsoft Teams. This tool offers various reports that help you find out the active users in your Microsoft 365 tenant. These reports can be generated in 4 simple steps:
- Go to the Reports tab.
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory > User Reports > User Logon Reports.
- Choose the Daily Active Microsoft 365 Users Count report.
- Select the Microsoft 365 Tenant and Period for which you want to generate the report.
You also have a number of other reports under the Azure Active Directory User Reports category such as the Active Users by Service, Last User Activity by Service or Date, All Users, Cloud Users, Inactive Exchange Users reports using which you can track active users for various services and the actions they perform during the logons.
Advantages of using M365 Manager Plus reports
- 700+ extensive reports on various Microsoft 365 services.
- Graphical and dashboard representation of reports wherever applicable.
- Attribute-level and advanced filtering options.
- Schedule reports to be generated and sent to email at fixed intervals.
- Export reports to PDF, HTML and XLSX format (apart from CSV as available in native tool).
- Configure and generate reports for more than one tenant using the same tool.
To learn more about how M365 Manager Plus helps you with other Microsoft 365 functionalities, click here