Configuring Mail Server
Mail server has to be configured, so that enrollment invitation and other notifications can be sent via email. This can also be used for notifying the Inventory related events, mail reports generated. To send email, the mail server has to be configured. Follow the steps given below to specify the mail server details:
Ensure relay access has been given for the sender mail address configured on the MDM server. Relay access is required to allow the server to send an e-mail to another mail server.
- On the web console, click the Admin tab to invoke the < b>Admin page.
- Click the Mail Server Configuration link. This opens the Configure Mail Server Settings page.
- Specify the name and port of the mail server.
- Email Type : Indicates the type of mail email despatching (For example: SMTP, SMTPS).
- TLS Enabled : Option to enable Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- If it requires authentication, select the Requires Authentication check box and specify the user name and password.
- Click Save to save the configuration.