Integrating Spiceworks with MDM
Spiceworks is a free SaaS-based helpdesk and inventory management solution. As with any mobile-first organization with a helpdesk, most of the tickets are about device being misplaced/lost, the passcode being forgotten or the usual troubleshooting issues. This integration ensures all of these and much more can be conveniently fixed from the comfort of the same portal, by leveraging MDM's capabilities such as security commands to reset/remove passcode, remote control of devices etc. The benefit of this integration is all you need to configure the MDM plugin in Spiceworks and the integration is complete.
To integrate Spiceworks with MDM, follow the below steps:
- Go to the this link and login, if need be.
- Click on Install, to install the plugin.
- Once the plugin is installed, you can choose to integrate with either the on-demand or on-premises version of Mobile Device Manager Plus.
- To integrate with MDM Cloud, you'll have to login with your Zoho Accounts details. To integrate with Mobile Device Manager Plus on-premises, enter the server details in the format:http://server-fqdn-name:port.
- Now, all you need to do is to select the ticket, click on the Mobile Device Manager Plus button and execute the commands, based on your need.