Restrict access to apps on mobile devices to ensure device and data security.
In sectors such as hospitality and retail, organizations often provide corporate devices to employees for a single purpose like inventory management and front-end sales. This means only a few exclusive apps are required to perform the stipulated task. Using Mobile Device Manager Plus, the IT admin can select the apps to which the users are granted access. The user will be unable to install or use any other apps on the corporate devices, thereby ensuring complete data safety.
In addition to locking the device to specific apps this feature also prevents users from making any changes to the device settings that have been preconfigured by the IT admin of the organization.
Following are the benefits of using Kiosk Mode on mobile devices in organizations
- A customized homepage is created with only the permitted apps.
- Access to the task manager and status bar can be restricted.
- When the task manager is restricted, the IT admin can optionally choose to distribute a custom MDM kiosk app, that allows the user to control basic device settings like brig
- Supported for all devices running Android 4.0 and above.
- Features like touch, mono audio, zoom, and assistive touch can be restricted.
- Supported only for supervised devices running versions iOS 6.0 and later.
- The device can be locked so that only a single screen or app can be used.
- The users can be prevented from modifying any settings on the device.
- Supported for Windows 10 laptops, desktops, mobile devices and surface pros.