How to configure PMP server to be used with NCM?
NCM, when integrated with PMP, enables you to sync the credential changes in a device with a single click, instead of having to update them manually.
Configurations to be made in PMP:
- Install Password Manager Pro.
- Navigate to the application's files and go to the server.xml file in the Conf folder (PMP/Conf/server.xml).
- Add the following SSH cipher in the <connector> line within the XML file.
Save it, and restart the PMP service.
- Once PMP restarts, click on 'Users' in the Quick Access panel, click on 'Add User' and select 'Add API User'.
- Add the user name, host name and the full name. Select the access level as 'Administrator'.
- In the REST API field, click on 'Enable' and then click the 'Generate' button to create an Auth Token for the integration. Enter the expiry date for the token if needed, and click on 'Save'.
- Now, to add your devices in PMP, click 'Resources' in the Quick Access panel and select 'Add Resource'. You can either add your resources individually, or from a CSV/TSV file. If you're adding a device manually, you need to enter the following details:
After entering these details, click on 'Save & Proceed'.
- If you're auto discovering devices, you can do so in 3 ways: Host name or IP address, IP range / Host name, IP address from file
- After discovery, select 'Add all resources', or select a few and click 'Add selected resources' to add them to PMP inventory.
- Now, click on the particular device --> click 'Add' to provide the credentials.
- In the Add popup, enter the username as your default router username, and input the password and save. If you have a secret password enabled, you have to add that credentials too by giving the user name as 'enable'.
- Now, navigate to the desired password and click the Keys icon under the Account Actions column. Click on 'Share with users' to share the password with particular users in the group, or to grant all of them the permissions to view the password.
Configurations to be made in NCM:
- In the inventory, select the device to be synched and enter the username (also, enable username if any) as given in PMP. Also, make sure the device prompts are rightly provided.
- Go to Settings >> NCM >> Password Management and click 'Enable'.
- Enter the server name of PMP, port number in which PMP is running and the auth token that was generated in PMP. Save and click on 'View Shared Resources'.
- Now, select the credentials that you wish to import and click 'Sync' to sync them with NCM.