How to update the host name for one or more devices?
The host name of a device can be updated in two ways, automatically by using DNS server or manually by uploading a text file containing new host names in bulk.
- Select one or more devices to update Hostname from the list in Inventory.
- Click on the 3 horizontal dots on the top right corner of the page to get more options.
- Click on "Update Host Name".
- If you want to update the host name automatically from DNS server, select "DNS Server" option in newly opened slide and click on update and ignore the rest of the steps.
- If you wish to update the host names manually, select "Text File" option.
- Browse a text file which has all the host names in bulk. Format of the file content must be (<IP Address> <New Host Name>), one entry per line without the angular brackets.
- Click on Load File.