NETGEAR configuration manager
ManageEngine's Network Configuration Manager helps you manage network configurations for NETGEAR and other vendors. With the help of Network Configuration Manager, you can manage the configurations of your NETGEAR devices by simply adding them to Network Configuration Manager.
How NETGEAR configuration tool helps you
Once you add NETGEAR devices in Network Configuration Manager, you can start managing their configurations right away. NETGEAR configuration tool helps you perform configuration backup, compliance auditing, change management, task automation and provides holistic reports on each of these operations.
Manage NETGEAR configurations
Network Configuration Manager has a user-friendly UI which makes NETGEAR configuration management easier than ever. It completely eliminates the need for an external simulator and provides unified configuration management of multiple device types and models.
Highlights of NETGEAR configuration management
- Discover NETGEAR devices
- Trigger back up of NETGEAR configurations individually or in bulk
- Compare altered NETGEAR configurations side-by-side
- Audit NETGEAR configurations for firmware vulnerabilities and fix issues
- Automate command execution with Configlets
- Schedule NETGEAR configuration tasks
- Maintain compliance in NETGEAR configurations
Back up configurations with Netgear configuration software
Network Configuration Manager provides a simple, affordable, one-step solution for backing up NETGEAR configuration files. Here's how you can use Network Configuration Manager's backup mechanism to keep your NETGEAR configurations updated:
- Instantly back up NETGEAR configurations in bulk before carrying out a risky change.
- Trigger automated back ups in your NETGEAR configurations whenever a change is made.
- Periodically back up NETGEAR configurations by scheduling them.
Manage NETGEAR configuration changes
With Network Configuration Manager, you can achieve change management in your NETGEAR configurations. By managing changes, you can keep track of what's going on in your network.
- Manage "Who", "What", "When" of configuration changes in your NETGEAR devices.
- Get change notifications via Email, snmp traps, trouble tickets etc.
- Analyze the change trend in your NETGEAR configurations over a particular time period.
- Compare different versions of your NETGEAR configurations with Diff View.
- Manage changes in all NETGEAR switches with NETGEAR switch configuration management
- NETGEAR router management allows you to manage all routers and since routers are mission-critical devices, you can enable "Roll-back changes" option to prevent risky changes.
- On top of that, you can manage NETGEAR firewalls with NETGEAR firewall configuration management
Audit compliance with NETGEAR configuration software
Make sure your NETGEAR configurations comply with internal, industry, and government standards by applying compliance policies in your NETGEAR devices and checking them for violations.
- Adhere to compliance policies like HIPAA, SOX, PCI DSS, and Cisco IOS etc.
- Create custom policies based on your requirements, and ensure your network meets your organization’s internal regulations.
- View the compliance status of individual network devices using compliance reports.
- Get alerts when a particular rule is violated, and apply remediation configlets as a fix.
Command execution in NETGEAR configurations
With NETGEAR configuration software, you can use configlets to automate mundane configuration tasks and make changes in multiple NETGEAR configurations. Here's how you can achieve automation using configlets:
- Push configurations in multiple NETGEAR devices.
- Execute commands to change passwords, enabling/disabling SNMP, uploading firmware etc.
- Schedule command execution in your NETGEAR devices.
Generate NETGEAR configuration reports.
Configuration audits and reports are an integral part of keeping your network secure. Network Configuration Manager has a set of default reports, but you can easily create custom reports as well. Utilize out-of-the-box reports on:
- User activity.
- Startup-running conflicts.
- Configuration changes.
- Assets reaching end of life (EOL) or end of sale (EOS).
- Configuration analysis.
At present we offer support for all the models in NETGEAR Prosafe switch. If you wish to request support for a different device type, click here.
Start efficiently managing your NETGEAR device configurations by downloading our 30-day free trial here.