I want only the Traffic details of the Interface, and not its Up / Down Status. What should I do?
OpManager ensures the availability of a device or an interface by the process of status polling. Status polling refers to the periodic monitoring of a node's availability based on the configured monitoring interval. In interfaces, the availability is determined by its Admin/Operational status, thereby generating Up/Down alerts.
When the status polling is disabled, the user will not be updated with the availability (Up/Down status) of the interfaces, but still be able to monitor the traffic and utilization details.
If you wish to monitor only the traffic and utilization and not the interface up/down status, you can disable the status polling of those interface(s) in three different ways.
From the Interface Snapshot page
To disable status polling for an interface in specific,
- Go to Inventory -> Devices and select the device to which the interface is associated.
- In the device snapshot page, go to the Interface tab.
- Click on the required interface.
(You can also directly select the required interface from Inventory -> Interfaces)
- In the Interface snapshot page, click the Action menu (the 3 horizontal lines in the top right corner) and select Threshold settings.
- Click on the Disable radio button under Status Poll details save the changes.
Note: Make sure that the radio button under Threshold Settings is enabled.
From the Interface Template page
To disable status polling for a particular interface type,
- Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Interface Templates.
- Select the required interface template.
- Click on the Disable radio button under Status poll Details and save the changes.
If you wish to perform the same action for a set of interfaces,
- Go to Inventory -> Interfaces and select the interfaces you would like to configure/modify.
- Click on the three dots next to the Generate Reports option and select Status Poll.
- Choose Enable/Disable to perform the corresponding action and save the changes.