Why are some devices added with IP-address instead of host name ?
If the device is added with its IPAddress instead of hostname, check the following:
- Forward NSLOOKUP with device name should return the IPAddress and DNS Name of the device.
- Reverse NSLOOKUP with IP Address should return the IPAddress and DNS Name of the device.
- A device is added with hostname only if both the forward and reverse NSLOOKUP return the corresponding parameters.
- Make sure that the hostname and IP address is mapped properly in the DNS server.
- Ensure the device is reachable with both hostname and ipaddress from OpManager server.