How can I configure a notification profile for VMware related events/monitors?
- Click on Settings → Notifications → Add profile, and select the type of profile you wish to create.
- Based on the medium selected, provide all necessary details and click 'Next' to go the Criteria selection window.
- Choose 'When any selected virtual device has a problem' option. You can select the option to receive alerts for all VM related alarms, or you can tap on the green "Selected" button to choose either or both of these conditions:
- General: for VMware events
- Virtual Device Performance Monitors Threshold Alarms: for monitors with VIWebService protocol thresholds
- Once you've selected the required option(s), click 'Done' and 'Next'.
- In the following window, choose the devices that you wish to associate this notification profile to and click 'Next' again.
- Finally, choose the necessary trigger conditions, provide a name for the profile, and click on 'Save'.
Alternatively, you can click on Inventory → Click on the required VM device → Click on the Notifications icon and Add/Associate Notification profiles to the particular device.