Adding New TCP Service Monitors
You can add new TCP services for monitoring.
- Go to Settings > Monitoring > Service Monitors > Click Add.
- Specify the name of the TCP service that you want to monitor.
- Specify the TCP Port number that has to be checked for service availability
- Specify the timeout interval in seconds for the port-check request.
- Specify the consecutive time to generate an alarm if the service unavailable for N number of times
- Select an option for Scan during Discovery. This will scan network devices for the monitored service during the discovery process and will automatically associate the monitor to the device if the specified service is available.
- If you wish to associate the monitor to existing devices, click on Save & Associate. This option will prompt you to select the required devices to which the monitor must be associated
Select the required devices and click on Save.
- If you wish to only add the monitor ( and not associate it to any of the existing devices ), click on Save.
Associating the Service to Devices
- Go to Settings > Monitoring > Service Monitors > Associate
- Select the required TCP service from the Service Monitors drop-down.
- Select the devices on which you want to monitor the service from the column on the left and move them to the right.
- Click Associate.
- Go to Settings > Monitoring > Service Monitors > Associate option.
- Select the monitor from the Service Monitors drop-down menu.
- Select the devices on which you do not want to monitor the service from the column on the right and move them to the left.
- Click Associate.
You can also associate/dissociate service monitors to devices from the Quick Configuration Wizard. Go to Settings > Configuration > Quick Configuration Wizard > Service Monitors and associate/dissociate services to devices as mentioned above.