Device rediscovery properties
OpManager updates the below device properties during the process of rediscovery or scheduled discovery. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance on making any changes to these properties.
||Property enabled by default
||Device type or model
||Display name as shown in the Device Snapshot header
||DNS name of the device
||Hard disk size
||Hardware monitors update
||RAM size of the device
- DEVICETYPE: On rediscovery, properties such as Device Type, Operating System (for Windows devices only), Vendor and Category are updated when the device type is resolved. The above said properties will not be updated, if
- The old 'Device Type' is valid and the resolved 'Device Type' is same as the old one.
- The resolved 'Device Type' is Unknown.
- DISPLAYNAME: By default, it is marked as False. If this property is set as TRUE, the display name of the rediscovered device will be updated. This also depends upon the configurations (enable or disable) of the 'Unique System DisplayName' and 'Use DNS as DisplayName' options under Discovery Settings.
- DNSNAME: Refers to the DNS name of the device.
- If the 'Poll Using IP Address' option is enabled, the DNS name will be updated if resolved during rediscovery or scheduled discovery.
- If the 'Poll Using DNS' option is enabled, the DNS name will be updated, if the new DNS name is resolved and the old DNS name field value in OpManager is set as IP address.
- HARDDISKSIZE: When set as TRUE, details regarding the hard disk size of the device gets updated.
- HARDWAREDETAILS: When set as TRUE, the value of the hardware sensors under the 'Hardware Monitoring' tab will be updated, provided the 'Hardware Monitoring' option is enabled for the respective devices.
- RAMSIZE: When set as TRUE, details regarding the RAM size of the associated device is updated.
Note: The above said property updates are only available for users with OpManager and OpManager Plus versions 125102 and above.