Integrating Slack with OpManager
Slack is like a chatroom for your whole team. Slack can help your team collaborate and coordinate their work no matter where they are — in the field office, at home, or out knocking doors. By integrating Slack with OpManager, you can receive real time notification of the alarms raised in OpManager, even if the administrator is not able to access OpManager.
Steps to integrate Slack:
- After logging into OpManager, In Add-on/Products Integration page under Settings, click on 'Get Auth-Code from Slack' or visit this page and click on 'Add to Slack' button.
- An authorization prompt will be displayed, which will lists all the permissions required for OpManager app to integrate with your workspace.
- Click on "Authorize" button after reviewing all the permissions.
- You will be redirected to another site where the Auth-Code will be provided. Copy this Auth-Code.
- After logging into OpManager, click on 'Settings' → 'Basic Settings' → 'Add-on/Product' settings and select Slack. Paste the 'Auth-Code' in the space provided and click on 'Save'.
- After clicking on save, a success message "Slack details updated successfully" will be displayed stating the successful integration of Slack with OpManager.
Configuring 'Notification profile':
You can create individual notification profiles for easier access to Work groups.
- Navigate to 'Settings' → 'Notifications' → 'Notification Profile' → 'Add' → 'Chat'.
- Specify the recipient of the Slack message from the options provided.
- Choose the channel or a member to which the message has to be sent to. All the channels and the members present in your workspace will be listed in the drop downs.
- Specify the required fields of the Slack message and click on 'Save' after the notification profile has been configured based on your requirements.
All the alerts raised, which satisfy the "Chat Notification Profile" criteria will be sent to Slack. You can configure different notification profiles based on your requirements.
You can automate alerts to be sent to the Slack app by configuring Workflows in OpManager.
- Click on Workflow → New workflow. Slack will be present under "External actions" in the left pane of the workflow configuration window.
- Drag and drop Slack in order to redirect alerts to Slack workspace after designing the workflow.
- Specify the channel/user, title and the content of the message which should be sent to Slack in the next window.
- Messages can be sent to both individual users or a channel using Workflow.
- All the channels and members present in your workspace will be listed in the drop downs. Select the required channel/user and specify the title and description. Click on 'OK'.
- Set the required criteria and schedule the workflow by clicking on 'Trigger' and save the configuration.
- Alerts will be redirected to Slack based on the workflow execution.