Exchange Server Monitoring
You can monitor critical MSExchange (2000/2003/2010/2013/2016/2019) Services and parameters using OpManager's exchange monitoring feature. Monitoring is done using WMI. Thresholds are pre-configured for critical services. You can also modify or enable thresholds for other services and parameters.
The services monitored are:
- Information Store
- Site Replication Store
- MTA Stacks
- Exchange Management
- System Attendant
- Routing Engine
- Event Service
The Exchange parameters that are monitored can be classified under the following categories:
- Address List Monitors
- POP3 and IMAP Monitors
- Information Store Public Folder Monitors
- Event Service Monitors
- SMTP Monitors
- Information Store Mailbox Monitors
- Message Transfer Agent Monitors
- Directory Service Monitors
- Information Store Monitors
Configuring Exchange Parameters and Services Monitoring
- Go to the snapshot page of a device that has Exchange running.
- Click Monitors > Performance Monitors > Add Exchange Monitor
- Select the Exchange Server version. The monitors of all the Exchange parameters and services are displayed.
- From this list, select the required Monitors and Click Add to associate it to the Server.
These monitors are associated to the device. Ensure to associate the correct WMI credential to the device. OpManager uses these credentials to connect to the device using WMI.