How to Integrate OpManager with ServiceDesk
OpManager integrates with ManageEngine ServiceDesk (SDP) and ServiceDeskPlus MSP (SDP MSP) via API. This integration allows technicians to log critical alarms raised in OpManager as tickets in ServiceDesk and track those tickets and maintain ITIL standards.
1. Generating Technician key in ServiceDesk Plus
- Login to ServiceDesk Plus UI.
- Click on the username on the top right and select the API Key Generation option.
- In the popup window, select from either of the two options - Never Expires or Expires on. Select the expiration date for the API key if the latter is chosen and click on Generate.
- The API key is now generated and you can copy the key to a notepad for future reference.
2. Generating Technician key in ServiceDesk Plus MSP
- Login to ServiceDesk Plus MSP UI.
- Select the username option in the top right corner and select the API Key Generation option.
- A popup window with two options - Never Expires or Expires on will appear. Select either one from them. Make sure that you set an expiration date incase the latter option is chosen and click generate.
- The API key is successfully generated.