Remote File Transfer During Windows RDP Sessions
PAM360 lets users securely transfer files to and from the remote target machine during the RDP sessions launched via PAM360's session gateway.
To transfer files,
- First, launch an RDP session from the Connections tab or by clicking on the Open Connection icon shown against the respective Windows resource in the Resources tab.
- Once the RDP console opens, navigate to the remote machine's My Computer folder. A new drive named Cloud Storage on <IP address> will be available. This is the temporary folder that will enable you to transfer files to and from the remote machine.
- Now, go back to the desktop screen of the remote machine. Click on the folder icon that appears in the top middle of the screen as shown in the image below.
- A new window will open within the console. To select a file from your local machine, click on the Browse link at the top left. Select your required file.
- Once you have selected the file, it will be automatically uploaded to the cloud storage disk explained above. You can simply copy the uploaded file from the disk to your remote machine.
- To transfer a file from the remote machine to your local machine, you have to first drop the files in that cloud storage disk. Immediately, the file will appear in the file transfer window as shown below.
- Click on the Download icon against the file to copy it to your local machine.