Connections and Privileged Sessions
The Connections tab in PAM360 serves as a one-stop place to view all the added Connections, Favorites, and Connection Groups. This tab holds some useful options, such as a new SFTP-based file transfer option and a new search filter that facilitates the search of resources within the tab using Name, DNS name, or type of OS. The connections within have quick access control buttons; Connect, Request, Check in, Checkout, RemoteApp, and Secure File Transfer. Use the Connections tab to establish secure and interactive remote sessions to RDP, SSH, VNC, and SQL systems where the sessions are tunneled through the PAM360 server, which provides a secure channel to protect your remote connections from third-party interceptions. In addition, it allows you to observe all privileged sessions in real time, terminate the sessions if necessary, and record the remote sessions to review later.
PAM360 uses HTML-5 compatible browsers to initiate the remote sessions. Examples of HTML5 compatible browsers include IE 9 or above, Firefox 3.5 or above, Safari 4 or above, and Chrome.
At the end of this document, you will have learned the following:
1. Connections Tab - A General Overview
Resources and the related accounts added from the Resources tab are accessible from the Connections tab. To learn in detail about the different ways of adding resources and accounts into PAM360, click the below links:
- The leftmost pane - Displays all the added Connections category-wise, such as Owned and Managed, Recently Accessed, etc., Favorites, and Connection Groups.
- The 'Resources' pane - Displays the list of resources under the specific category as clicked from the leftmost pane.
- The 'Accounts' pane - Reveals all accounts in each resource as clicked from the 'Resources' pane.
2. Options to Access from the Connections Tree (Left Pane)
The left pane on the Connections window lists all the available connections in PAM360 organized under different categories. Click on the desired category to view the connections under that specific category. Read further to know about each category in detail:
- All My Connections - Click this option to display all the resources shared with you and available for your usage. Click the name of a resource to display all accounts corresponding to the selected resource. To search for a resource, enter the resource name, DNS name, or the operating system (OS) type.
- Owned and Managed - This option is for users with admin privileges. All resources owned by administrators and shared with them by other users are available here. Click the name of a resource to display all accounts corresponding to the selected resource. To search for a resource, enter the resource name, DNS name, or the operating system (OS) type.
- Favorites - All accounts marked as a 'favorite' are available here. To mark an account as a favorite, go to the Resources tab, switch to the Passwords tab and click the star icon () beside an account name. To search for a resource, enter the resource name, DNS name, or the operating system (OS) type.
- Recently Accessed - All recently accessed resources are listed under this option for quick reference. To search for a resource, enter the resource name, DNS name, or the operating system (OS) type.
- Web App Connections - All web-based applications added as a resource in PAM360 are listed under this option. From here, you can perform a one-click logon to the resources.
- HTTPS Gateway Connections - All resources that support HTTPS-based web links as the resource URL and configured will be listed under this option. Click here to learn more about HTTPS gateway connections in detail.
- Secure File Transfer - Click this option to perform a secure bi-directional file transfer between two folders residing in different resources. Click here to learn about secure file transfer in detail.
- Resources groups added by you - This option is for users with admin privileges. All resource groups created by you are available under this option. To search for a resource, enter the resource name, DNS name, or the operating system (OS) type. Click here to learn more about different types of resource groups in PAM360.
Tip: Use the icons and to toggle between the old and new connections views.