Event ID 679 - The name: %2 could not be mapped for logon by: %1
|Description||The name: %2 could not be mapped for logon by: %1|
One is not sure of what %2 and %1 could be for this event ID.
This log data gives the following information:
|The name: %2 could not be mapped for logon by|
Why event ID 679 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus account logon real-time pre-configured reports help identify miscreant users attempting logon into machines that requires elevated privileges and provide evidence for any action administered by any user. These reports can be advantageously in overcoming account logon audit challenges.
Event 679 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 679 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4775
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools