Event ID 4634 – An Account Was Logged Off
|Description||An account was logged off|
When a logon session is terminated, event 4634 is generated. This is not to be confused with event 4647, where a user initiates the logoff (i.e., a specific account uses the logoff function). Here, it is simply recorded that a session no longer exists as it was terminated.
Event 4643 can be correlated with event 4624 where an account was successfully logged on by using the Logon ID value.
This log data provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Logon Type
Why does event ID 4634 need to be monitored?
- To ensure particular logon types are not used by accounts which do not have the required permissions
- To monitor actions of high value accounts
- To detect anomalies and malicious actions
- To ensure non-active, external, and restricted accounts are not used
- To ensure that only white-listed accounts perform certain specific actions
- To enforce conventions and compliances
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all user logoffs, helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4634 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Corresponding events in Windows 2003 and before: 538.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools