Event ID 4654 – An IPsec Quick Mode Negotiation Failed
|Sub-Category||Audit IPsec Quick Mode|
|Description||An IPsec Quick Mode negotiation failed.|
Events generated by the Authenticated Internet Protocol (AuthIP) and the Internet Key Exchange protocol (IKE) during Quick Mode negotiations are audited by the codes which fall under Audit IPsec Quick Mode subcategory. Event 4654 falls under this category.
Example of 4654 log:
An IPsec QUick Mode negotiation failed.
Network Address: %1
Network Address mask: %2
Tunnel Endpoint: %4
Network Address: %5
Address Mask: %6
Tunnel Endpoint: %8
Private Address: %10
Keying Module Name: %11
Virtual Interface Tunnel ID: %20
Traffic Selector ID: %21%
Quick Mode Filter ID: %18
Main Mode SA ID: %19
Message ID: %17
Failure Point: %12
Failure Reason: %13
Note: Only computers running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 will have Virtual Tunnel ID and Traffic Selector ID data provided with event log of 4654.
Why does event ID 4654 need to be monitored?
- Security events which fall under the Audit IPsec Quick Mode subcategory are monitored primarily for IPsec Quick Mode troubleshooting.
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all IPsec negotiation failures, helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4654 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools