Event ID 4700 – A Scheduled Task Was Enabled
|Category||Object Access: Other Object Access Events|
|Description||A scheduled task was enabled.|
Whenever a scheduled task is enabled, event ID 4700 is logged. In order for a task to run at its scheduled time, it needs to be enabled. Events related to this event are: 4698, 4699, 4701 and 4702.
This log data provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Task Name
- Task Content
Why does event ID 4700 need to be monitored?
- To ensure certain highly critical scheduled tasks are not enabled wrongly
- To prevent privilege abuse
- To detect abnormal and potentially malicious activity
- To ensure compliance with regulatory mandates
Through real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus notifies the administrator about the scheduled tasks as and when they are enabled on the windows server, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4700 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Corresponding events in Windows 2003 and before: 602
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools