Event ID 4701 – A Scheduled Task Was Disabled
|Category||Object Access: Other Object Access Events|
|Description||A scheduled task was enabled.|
Whenever a scheduled task is disabled, event ID 4701 is logged. When disabled, the task won't run at its scheduled time, until it is re-enabled. Events related to this event are: 4698, 4699, 4700 and 4702.
This log data provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Task Name
- Task Content
Why does event ID 4701 need to be monitored?
- To ensure certain highly critical scheduled tasks which need to be enabled at all times are not disabled wrongly
- To prevent privilege abuse
- To detect abnormal and potentially malicious activity
- To ensure compliance with regulatory mandates
Through real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus notifies the administrator about the scheduled tasks as and when they are disabled on the windows server, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4701 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Corresponding events in Windows 2003 and before: 602
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools