Event ID 4702 – A Scheduled Task Was Updated
|Category||Object Access: Other Object Access Events|
|Description||A scheduled task was updated.|
Whenever a scheduled task is updated or changed, event ID 4702 is logged. All changes and operations to a scheduled task, except enabling and disabling, are logged by this event. Events related to this event are: 4698, 4699, 4700 and 4701.
This log data provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Task Name
- Task Content
Why does event ID 4702 need to be monitored?
- Scheduled tasks created by malware are located in Task Scheduler root node, and hence tasks with the corresponding Task Name must be monitored.
- If the updated Task Content pertains to password changes, administrator would have to intervene.
- To detect abnormal and potentially malicious activity
Through real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus notifies the administrator about the scheduled tasks as and when they are updated on the windows server, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4702 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Corresponding events in Windows 2003 and before: 602
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools