Event ID 4869 – Certificate Services Received A Resubmitted Certificate Request
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
|Description||Certificate Services received a resubmitted certificate request.|
Event 4869 is logged when either the CA receives a request that matches a previous certificate request (which was either denied or marked as pending), or when the admin or certificate manager issues it pending status. This event is logged only if the corresponding feature is enabled in the CA's properties tab.
This log data provides the following information:
- Request ID
Why does event ID 4869 need to be monitored?
Repeated certification requests could be a sign of malicious activity. However, this is an event that occurs fairly frequently, and thus should be monitored for repetition of the same Request ID.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4869 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools