Event ID 4870 – Certificate Services Revoked A Certificate
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
|Description||Certificate Services revoked a certificate.|
Event 4870 is logged when a certificate is revoked by an administrator. This is accompanied by the moving of the certificate to the Revoked Certificates folder. The log provides the reason for revocation as well. This event is logged only if the corresponding feature is enabled in the CA's properties tab.
This log data provides the following information:
- Serial Number
Why does event ID 4870 need to be monitored?
This event log does not mention who revoked the certificate. This can be found out only by matching the serial number in the log to the corresponding certificate in the Revoked Certificates folder.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4870 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools