Event ID 4871 – Certificate Services Received A Request To Publish The Certificate Revocation List
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
|Description||Event 4871 is logged if Certificate Services receives a request to publish the certificate revocation list (CRL).|
The log data provides the following information:
- Next Update
- Publish Base
- Publish Delta
Why does event ID 4871 need to be monitored?
If the request is from an unauthorized or unrecognized party, this could be a sign of malicious activity, thus requiring further investigation.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4871 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools