Event ID 4872 – Certificate Services Published The Certificate Revocation List
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
|Description||Certificate Services published the CRL.|
Event 4872 is logged whenever the Certificate Services publish the Certificate Revocation List, also known as the CRL. An updated CRL is published by the Certificate Services periodically. This event is logged only if the corresponding feature is enabled in the CA's properties tab.
This log data provides the following information:
- Base CRL
- CRL Number
- Key Container
- Next Publish
- Publish URLs
Why does event ID 4872 need to be monitored?
By monitoring this event, we can remain updated on the latest Certificate Revocation List, and ensure that certificates have not been wrongly revoked. Such revocation could be a sign of malicious activity.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4872 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools