Event ID 4876 – Certificate Services Backup Started
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
|Description||Certificate Services started a backup.|
Whenever the Certificates Services backup starts, event 4876 is logged. The log also mentions the type of backup that is occurring, such as "full backup" or "logs only". This event is logged only if the corresponding feature is enabled in the CA's properties tab.
This log data provides the following information:
- Backup Type
Why does event ID 4876 need to be monitored?
Monitoring the backup type is of relevance as backing up is an important Certification Services activity. This event, when monitored with event 4877, helps determine the duration of backup.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4876 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools