Event ID 4878 – Certificate Services Restore Started
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
Event 4878 is logged when the Certificate Services restore has been restarted. This event is logged only if the corresponding feature ("Backup and restore the CA database") is enabled in the CA's properties tab.
Why does event ID 4878 need to be monitored?
Monitoring the backup and restore activity is of relevance as it is an important Certification Services activity. This event, when monitored along with event 4879, helps determine the duration of restoration.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4878 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools