Event ID 4880 – Certificate Services Started
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
Whenever the Active Directory Certificate Services starts running, event ID 4880 is logged. For this event to be logged, the corresponding feature ("Start and Stop Active Directory Certificate Services") needs to be enabled in the CA's properties tab.
The event log includes the following information:
- Certificate Database Hash
- Private Key Usage Count
- CA Certificate Hash
- CA Public Key Hash
Why does event ID 4880 need to be monitored?
The proper running of this service implies that the Active Directory is working as it is supposed to, and hence, monitoring event 4880 is prudent.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4880 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools