Event ID 4898 – Certificate Services Loaded A Template
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
When a certificate template is loaded by the CS in order to evaluate a request for a new certificate, event 4898 is logged by Windows. An example of a 4898 event log:
Certificate Services loaded a template.
%1 v%2 (Schema V%3)
Template Content: %7
Security Descriptor: %8
Domain Controller: %6
Why does event ID 4898 need to be monitored?
As this event occurs in relation to a request for a new certificate, monitoring this event can help detect anomalies and malicious activities, and help prevent privilege abuse.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4898 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools