Event ID 4900 – Certificate Services Template Security Was Updated
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
Event 4900 is logged by Windows when the ACL on a certificate template is modified.
Why does event ID 4900 need to be monitored?
This event should be monitored to detect anomalous and malicious activity, and to prevent privilege abuse. As it is related to ACL modification, monitoring this event is of importance.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4900 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools