Event ID 4985 – The State Of A Transaction Has Changed
|Category||Object Access: File System, Non-Sensitive Privilege Use, Other Privilege Use Events, Sensitive Privilege Use|
Event 4985 is logged when there has been a change in the state of a transaction. It is an informational event, generated by the file system Transaction Manager.
This event log contains the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- RM Transaction ID
- New State
- Resource Manager
- Process ID
- Process Name
Why does event ID 4985 need to be monitored?
This event should be monitored to help with Transaction Manger troubleshooting, though typically, this event doesn't have any security relevance.
ADAudit Plus helps audit all Windows File Server and file share events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4985 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools