Event ID 5142 – A Network Share Object Was Added
|Category||Object Access: File Share|
Whenever a network share object is added, event 5142 is logged by Windows. This event was first added to Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Release 2.
This event log contains the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Share Name
- Share Path
Why does event ID 5142 need to be monitored?
- To monitor the creation of new file shares by high value computers
- To ensure Share Path does not point to critical local folders with high-value or private information
ADAudit Plus helps audit all Windows File Server and file share events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 5142 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools