Event ID 5144 – A Network Share Object Was Deleted
|Category||Object Access: File Share|
Whenever a network share object is deleted, event ID 5144 is logged. This event was first added to Windows 2008 Release 2 and Windows 7 versions.
This event log contains the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Share Name
- Share Path
Why does event ID 5144 need to be monitored?
- To monitor all changes made to certain critical network shares, such as deletion
- To monitor the events on high-value computers, such as monitoring the file shares on domain controllers
ADAudit Plus helps audit all Windows File Server and file share events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 5144 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools