Event ID 5150 – The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a packet.
|Category||Object Access: Filtering Platform Connection|
This event is logged when the Windows Filtering Platform blocks a packet. This event was first included in the Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 versions. Event 5152 is related to this event.
An example of 5150 event log:
The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a packet.
Filter Run-Time ID:%8
*Layer Run-Time ID:%10 *
Why does event ID 5150 need to be monitored?
Monitoring this event would help with detecting malicious activities and anomalies. The source of the blocked packet can be further investigated (identified by "Source Address").
Event 5150 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools