Event ID 5153 – A more restrictive Windows Filtering Platform filter has blocked a packet.
|Category||Object Access: Filtering Platform Packet Drop|
Event 5153 is logged when a packet is blocked by a more restrictive Windows Filtering Platform. This event was first added to the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista versions.
An example of 5153 event log:
A more restrictive Windows Filtering Platform filter has blocked a packet.
Filter Run-Time ID:%6
Layer Run-Time ID:%8
Why does event ID 5153 need to be monitored?
Monitoring this event would help with detecting malicious activities and anomalies. The source of the blocked packet can be further investigated (identified by "Source Address").
Event 5153 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools