Event ID 564 – Object Deleted
|Description||A object has been deleted.|
Event 564 is logged when an object is successfully deleted. It is preceded by the successful enabling of delete access for that object. This event ties up with event 560, which is the opening of the object, and they both share the same handle ID.
This log data provides the following information:
- Object Server
- Handle ID
- Process ID
In Windows Server 2003, the following field is included as well:
- Image File Name
Why does event ID 564 need to be monitored?
- To track which files and Windows objects are being deleted
- To prevent privilege abuse
- To detect abnormal and potentially malicious activity
- To ensure compliance with regulatory mandates
ADAudit Plus provides real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports provide detailed information about object related events.
Event 564 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4660
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools