Event ID 5888 – An object in the COM+ Catalog was modified.
|Category||Object Access: Other Object Access Events|
When an object in the COM+ Catalog is modified, event ID 5888 is logged. This event, though categorized as "Other Object Access Events", would be better suited for the System Integrity sub-category.
This event log contains the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- COM+ Catalog Collection
- Object Name
- Object Properties Modified
Why does event ID 5888 need to be monitored?
Monitoring event 5888 helps track all the interactions that a particular COM+ object has. Each COM+ object is uniquely identifiable by its "Object Name".
ADAudit Plus provides real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports provide detailed information about object related events.
Event 5888 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools