Event ID 4656: Open object/ Create object.
|Description||This is a Data ONTAP event. An object(file or directory) has been opened.|
Data ONTAP audits the above SMB file and folder access event to interpret results from the converted audit event logs.
- ADAudit Plus offers in-built reports that collect logs in real time and presents it to the administrator whenever any object has been created or opened.
- The reports provide details about the object that has been opened, who opened it and when the action was performed.
Event 4656 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10
Corresponding event in Windows Server 2003 and earlier versions - 560.