Oracle DB settings
Oracle DB is a relational database management system that helps to store and retrieve data and provides data management solution. By integrating ADManager Plus with Oracle DB, user creation can be automated based on the new user data in Oracle DB.
Steps to configure 'Oracle DB' settings:
- Click the'Admin'tab.
- Select'Integrations' located under'Personalize'.
- Click'Oracle DB'located under'Third party Integrations'.
- In the 'Oracle DB Settings' page, configure the following:
- Server Name: Enter the server name.
- Port Number:Enter the portnumber to establish the connection.
- Database Name:Enter the name of the database in Oracle.
- Authentication:Enter 'User name' and 'Password' for authentication
- Click 'Test Connection and Save' to establish connection and save the settings.
Steps to add a new configuration:
- Click on 'Add a new configuration'.
- In the 'Description' field enter the details about the new configuration.
- Configure the following details:
- SID Name:Enter the SID name in Oracle DB.
- Table Name:Enter the name of the table in Oracle DB
- Fetch the input for user creation from the Oracle DB table by mapping 'DB Column Name' to the 'LDAP Attribute Name'.
- Click'Save' to save the new configuration.
Steps to automate user creation:
- Click on 'Automation' tab.
- Select 'Automation' from the left pane.
- Click on 'Create New Automation' and configure the following:
- Automation Name: Enter a name for the automation.
- Description: Add a brief note about the automation.
- Automation Category:Choose 'User Automation' from the menu.
- Select Domain:Select the domain/OUs where the automation should run. Child OUs can be eliminated by selecting'Exclude Child OU(s)' option.
- Automation Task/Policy: Select 'Create Users' from the menu.
- Template to be applied:Select the template to be applied for user creation.
- Select Data Source:Click on 'More Options' beside the 'Location of CSV' option. Select 'Oracle DB' from the menu. Enable 'Ignore current records in DB' to ignore the already processed records and consider only the unprocessed records in the Oracle table for user creation.
- Select Config:Select a configuration from the menu. Or click on Add New Configuration to add new configuration settings.
- Implement Business Workflow:Select this option if the automation has to be executed through a workflow.
- Execution Time: Configure the automation execution time and repeat the execution using 'hourly', 'daily','weekly','monthly', or 'more' options.
- Click 'Save' to save the settings or 'Save & Run' to save the settings and run the automation instantly.