Working with ADManager Plus
Starting ADManager Plus
ADManager Plus can be started either in the system account (when run as service) or in user account (when run as an application).
- When ADManager Plus is installed as a Service
- Option to install ADManager Plus as a service is available in the installation wizard.
- To start ADManager Plus in the system account, select Start
--> Programs -->
ADManager Plus--> Start ADManager Plus
- To start ADManager Plus in the user account, double-click the ADManager Plus desktop icon.
- When ADManager Plus is not installed as a Service
- In this case, ADManager Plus can only be started in the user account. To start
the product, select Start --> Programs --> ADManager Plus --> Start ADManager Plus
On starting the ADManager Plus, the client is automatically launched in the default browser.
When ADManager Plus is started in Windows XP / Windows 2003 machines with firewall enabled, Windows may pop up security alerts asking whether to block or unblock the following program as shown in the images below:
- Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition binary - Java.
You should Unblock this program to start ADManager Plus.
Fig: Java Alert
Launching ADManager Plus Client
To launch the ADManager Plus client,
- Open a web browser and type http://hostname:8080 in the address bar. Here the hostname refers to the DNS name of the machine where ADManager Plus is running.
- Specify the user name and password as admin (for first time users) in the respective fields and click Login. If you have changed the password, you should use the changed password to login.
Stopping ADManager Plus
To stop ADManager Plus, select Start --> Programs --> ADManager Plus-->
Stop ADManager Plus