Active Directory Groups Management
Active Directory groups can contain users, computers, contacts and other groups also as members. Using ADManager Plus, administrators can manage different kinds of AD objects bundling them into a group.
- Security Groups: Security groups are very handy when you want to assign permissions to bulk users, computers and other groups on any shared resource. This makes administration simple as you assign permissions to all the members of the group in a single stroke instead of assigning permissions individually to all the members.
- Distribution Groups: Distribution groups are solely used for mailing purposes. Instead of sending mails to bulk objects, you can add all the objects to this group and then send the mail to this group. You can add/remove contacts from this group based on your requirement.
- Dynamic Distribution Groups: As the name implies, this is also a type of distribution group. The only difference is that the members list of these groups is determined using filters and conditions, every single time an e-mail is sent to this group.
Note: Distribution groups cannot be used for security purposes.
- Domain Local: Users, computers, global groups and universal groups from any domain can be members of the Domain local group. Groups having the domain local scope are used to assign access permissions to resources that are located in the same domain in which the domain local group has been created.
- Global: Global groups can only contain objects that are present in the same domain in which the group is created. Moreover, permissions can be granted to this group to access any resource which is located in the same forest.
- Universal: Universal groups, as the name suggests, can include members from any domain but within the same forest. Also, they can be granted permissions in any domain, but within the same forest.
Following are the group management operations that can be carried out using ADManager Plus:
Single Group Management
- Single Group Creation
- Single Group Modification
Bulk Group Management
- Delete Groups
- Modify Organizational Attributes of Groups
- Move Groups
- Modify Exchange Attributes of Groups
- Create Group in Bulk
- Modify Groups using CSV
ADManager Plus also offers a built-in feature which allows you to create dynamic distribution groups, easily and quickly.